Costume parties are a mess, but so totally worth it for the hookups.
My old friend James Del, who was a guest way back on episode 8, returns for more fun with party messes. This go-round, we focused primarily on costume concerns, what with the advent of Halloween. Because it’s my favorite holiday and I need to stockpile Halloween tales for 2018, please share your best costume party stories—the hookups, messes, and most creative costumes you’ve sported.
Here’s what I covered in my 92nd episode:
- How to clean sand and playa dust off of clothing and sneakers without jacking up your washing machine (as promised, here’s the before/after of the playa dusty sneakers);
- Two oddball tricks for picking up shattered glass;
- What to do about stains on walls;
- An explanation of what the Magic Eraser is made of and how it works;
- GLITTER CLEANUP;
- A few different methods for removing lipstick and other kinds of makeup from skin and clothing;
- Stain and odor removal for specialty fabrics, including silk, cashmere, beaded, sequined, and embellished clothing;
- A brief overview of how dry cleaning works;
- The secret to cleaning up Jello shots and stains from sticky hand toys. The two are related!
Over in the bonus episode, James shared the story of a time a body fell out of the sky and landed on the balcony of his Vegas apartment. Yes, you read that right.
You can subscribe to Ask a Clean Person: The Podcast in Acast, iTunes, PlayerFM, Stitcher and all the other places you’d expect to find podcasts. For bonus episodes and all sorts of other cool rewards, head over to Patreon to help underwrite the show. Got Qs for the pod? Email Jolie with the subject line CLEANCAST.