Would you like to become the most courteous person at the laundromat?
I regret to inform you that there will no longer be tennis coverage on Deadspin, because I have caused the premature death of Giri Nathan. He dropped dead, right in my studio, after gagging dramatically when I told him that I sort my clean clothes by type before I fold them. Sorry, Giri. Real fun episode, though!
Here’s what I covered in my 86th episode:
- How to load a front-loading washing machine;
- The right way to use those little detergent pac/pod thingies;
- The steps to take before you get the the laundromat to achieve maximum efficiency;
- Why those mesh washing bags are so clutch for laundry day (NEVER LOSE A SOCK AGAIN!);
- An overview of those salad spinner-like manual washing machines;
- The best practices for loading a dryer to cut down on drying time and wrinkling;
- Tips for folding clothes;
- The pros and cons of using wash-and-fold services instead of doing your own laundry;
- General thoughts on how, and how not, to behave at the laundromat;
- Some insane behavior I’ve witnessed at the laundromat;
Over in the bonus episode, Giri dishes on celebrities sightings and fashions at the U.S. Open. He also talked about “nice older ladies just totally sloshed on white wine talking very loudly,” and I felt, perhaps, a bit shaded by that.
You can subscribe to Ask a Clean Person: The Podcast in Acast, iTunes, PlayerFM, Stitcher and all the other places you’d expect to find podcasts. For bonus episodes and all sorts of other cool rewards, head over to Patreon to help underwrite my show. Got Qs for the pod? Email Jolie with the subject line CLEANCAST.