Hanukkah is a delicious mess of a holiday.
Last Week Tonight’s Josh Gondelman, a very funny man, joined me to talk all about cleaning up Hanukkah messes and discovered that I would make a great serial killer. We also took on the tyranny of scooped bagels, my Boston love for 7-Eleven, and how preposterous it is that I drink a Big Gulp of Diet Coke on the treadmill every day. We considered how Jewish Mainers observe the festival of lights. You’ll be bellowing, “ESTAH! GET THE LOBSTAH POT!” for days after listening to this one.
Here’s the cleaning stuff I covered in my 98th episode:
- Tips for cleaning the kitchen after you’ve deep-fried some food;
- Why you should basically just wear coveralls when you’re on frying duty;
- How to remove oil splatters from clothes, if you skipped my advice to just wear coveralls when you’re on frying duty;
- What to do about the lingering smell of fried food in the home;
- HANUKKAH STAIN TRIAGE! Jelly stains! Pomegranate juice stains! Chocolate stains!
- A whole bunch of ways to clean wax off a menorah.
Over in the bonus episode, Josh gave his signature pep talks to my patrons. Do you need a pep talk from Josh (or me!)? He’ll be back on the show in the new year, so get your requests in now.
Speaking of the new year! I’m doing a live show in New York on Jan. 11, and I want you all to come. You can buy tickets here; I promise it will be more fun than a live show about cleaning has any right to be. There will be booze.
You can subscribe to Ask a Clean Person: The Podcast in Acast, Apple Podcasts, PlayerFM, Stitcher and all the other places you’d expect to find podcasts. For bonus episodes and all sorts of other cool rewards, head over to Patreon to help underwrite the show. Got Qs for the pod? Email Jolie with the subject line CLEANCAST.